Thursday, September 13, 2012

RLAM - 10 Running-Related Personal Questions



I love to oblige in running questions, especially when the request comes from Dimity and SBS from Another Mother Runner.  So here goes :

  1.  Best run ever:  I think my best run was the Mission 10 Miler race, this past March 2012.   I had just run a Half Marathon the weekend before, so I went into this race as “this will just be an easy training run” while I was there to support a couple friends who were running their 1st 10 mile races.  I felt great, PR’d for the 10 miler, and got to go back and bring in my friends as well.  It was a “feel-good” race day!    
  2. Three words that describe my running:  Therapy Energizing Sanity 
  3. My go-to running outfit is: a pair of Champion compression shorts under my running shorts (because you don’t want chafing ;)), a tank top, and my UA hat! 
  4. Quirky habit while running:   I always carry my phone and a fuel belt....always.
  5. Morning, midday, evening: Morning, just to get it done!  
  6. I won’t run outside when it’s: icy and frigid cold on one end, when it’s super hot and humid on the other!  I am really a Spring/Fall loving mother runner ;)
  7. Worst injury—and how I got over it:   Hip bursitis.  I’m working through it still, but I actually  took a ChiRunning class, have improved my form, and am working out the kinks with my Ortho! 
  8. I felt most like a badass mother runner when:   I ran a 1 mile race this weekend and took 2nd place in my age group!  My 1st running trophy ever!  And a new mile PR of 7:23.  That was HUGE to me! 
  9. Next race is: a couple small races, but the Marine Corps Marathon is my BIG upcoming race on October 28, 2012.
  10. Potential running goal for 2013:  For 2013, I want to get back my love for running, my pure enjoyment and fun of it!  No more marathon training unless it’s of the “Half” variety! 
The Run, Mama, Run ladies! (I'm far right :))


No comments:

Post a Comment