Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Welcome to March (6th) !!! Random Ramblings!

Wow, can't believe it's March, and this Winter took it easy on us (knock on wood)!!!

MCM - In 1 1/2 more days, I'll be sitting at the computer trying to get a registration for the Marine Corps Marathon.  That just makes my stomach tighten in a huge knot!  26.2 miles is a LONG way!  That's what cars are for, right??   But I already can get Half way, so what's another 13.1.....LOL  I'm trying to talk myself into believing I can do this!  But hopefully, I get in and have 2 friends by my side as well!  Running buddies are the best thing ever, even the ones who talk you into a marathon ;)

Break Away 5K - my 1st 5K race of the year is this Saturday.  It's a 5K in support of a great local charity, Heartly House.  Unfortunately, my love for the 5K race has dwindled as I've taken on distance running.  The thought of trying to even get close to my 5K personal record (PR) scares me.  I'm not sure I have that speed in me for this, so it may just be a "speed work" run in prep for the Half the following weekend!




Hard to believe that I signed up for the Suntrust Rock N Roll Half Marathon to keep me motivated to run all Winter, and now, we only have 12 days left !!!!!   Awesome and frightening!!  LOL

So I have a time goal for the RNR Half, and though I've practically maintained the mileage all Winter, I have slacked in the strength training area this time around.  Hope that doesn't bite me later.  But if it does, I'll make sure I don't repeat that mistake for the Frederick Half in May.!

Then I signed up for the Mission 10 Miler the weekend following the Half!   What was I thinking ???

 

No comments:

Post a Comment