Saturday, July 7, 2012

Rebel Race 2012



Well, I can finally say I did a "mud" race!  I definitely overcame a whole lot of not wanting to get dirty issues today.  The first obstacle was just running through a water/mud pit, but it got me wet, dirty, and over it!  LOL

Today was all about just having fun with friends.  In the 100+ degree heat, you really just didn't want to do anything more than that anyway!  Kind of scary when you show up and see people being taken out by ambulance!  A lot of heat exhaustion issues!

I was quite happy that I managed all the obstacles (minus 1).  Out of 22, that wasn't bad.  The 1 I wouldn't do was a repeat of one I had just fallen down from that was much higher.  I had already whacked my knee, so I decided not to break anything and skip it!  I really need to work on that upper body strength!! 

Most disgusting obstacle - the pond......blech!  Never wanted to throw up over a stinky pond before LOL  But it was horrible!!  I'd go through the super deep mud pit again over that pond!!  The photographer got some good pictures of us going through the mud pit.  We were laughing hysterically the whole time!

Take a look at that gross pond!  The smell was 100 times worse!!
Over/Under obstacle!  Pure MUD!!
So a really fun day in extreme temperatures, we made it all the way through, and had a lot of mud to show for it!  The only real complaint I have is that the generator to the water truck broke, or the truck ran out of water and standing around for another hour in direct sunlight waiting to get hosed off wasn't an option!  So we used whatever water we had left and baby wipes to get as cleaned up as we could to head home :)

Rebel Race conquered!!

Before


After


No comments:

Post a Comment